- Laureus Consulting Limited ("Laureus") is committed to protecting the privacy of all data subjects it interacts with during the normal course of business.
- This privacy notice sets out the basis on which any personal data collected by Laureus, or is provided to Laureus or will be processed by Laureus, is managed in line with the requirements of the GDPR and other applicable data protection regulatory requirements.
Under the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
- The managing director is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to Laureus processing their personal data.
- All employees/staff of Laureus who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject's attention are their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
- Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice are welcomed please send an email to the contact details below.
Who is Laureus?
- Laureus Consulting Limited is based at Paternoster Square, 65 St Paul’s Churchyard, London, United Kingdom, EC4M 8AB and is a services only business and sells no products directly.
- Laureus is a management consulting that provides technology firms with Go To Market ("GTM") services. Specifically these GTM services focus on assisting Laureus clients with sales, marketing, product, pricing, partnership, negotiation and general commercial support in the development of their business.
- The managing director is responsible for all data protection requirements and can be contacted at:
Why does Laureus need to collect and store personal data?
- In order to provide GTM and other consulting services, Laureus needs to collect personal data for business development, marketing, introductions, industry news, referrals, business services and other activities required in the operation of standard consulting business, "Legitimate Business Interest".
- Laureus will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Laureus will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
- Laureus may share your personal data with third party service providers contracted to Laureus in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that Laureus may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide to Laureus. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Laureus procedures. If Laureus wishes to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
- When providing GTM services to Laureus clients, the Laureus consulting team adheres to the Laureus client's data privacy policies and exclusively use Laureus client systems for email, the storage of client data and any other client related activities.
- Apart from consulting agreements, invoices and business support documents, no data of Laureus clients is stored on Laureus internal business systems.
- Laureus does not initiate any mass marketing activities directly.
How is Data Collected?
Information is collected through;
- correspondence by email, phone or otherwise;
- networking events;
- business cards;
- social media sites such as LinkedIn;
- internet searches, corporate websites amd other information available in the public domain;
- personal recommendations and referrals
What Data is collected?
In the standard operation of Laureus the type of information that is collected is normally;
- Job Title;
- Email Address;
- Phone Number(s);
- Social Media profiles.
Other information such as right to work, date of birth, etc. is not normally stored/required.
Laureus Business Systems
- Laureus solely uses cloud based systems (Office 365, Google, Dropbox) for the retention of all business data with two factor authentication in place where available.
- All Laureus PCs have encrypted hard drives.
- All Laureus mobile devices have Face ID encryption as standard.
- The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Laureus will do it's best to protect your personal data, Laureus cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted from Laureus business systems.
- By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving Laureus permission to process your personal data specifically do the purposes/usage identified.
- Consent is required for Laureus to process personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where Laureus asks for sensitive personal data Laureus will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
- You may withdraw consent at any time by emailing Laureus above and a written confirmation of your withdrawal and deletion of your personal data will be sent to you within in 7 working days.
- Laureus is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices.
- Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
- Unless otherwise required, Laureus will store and process personal data as long as this data is deemed relevant by the Laureus management team.
Your rights as a Data Subject
At any point while Laureus is in possession or or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access - you have the right to request a copy of the information Laureus holds about you.
- Right of rectification - you have the right to correct data that Laureus holds about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten - in certain circumstances you can ask for the data Laureus holds bout you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing - where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Right to portability - you have the right to have the data Laureus holds about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object - you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling - you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review - in the event that Laureus refuses your requests under rights of access, Laureus will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
Under what circumstances will Laureus contact me?
- Laureus's aim is not to be intrusive, and Laureus undertakes not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that Laureus holds about me?
At your request, Laureus can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Laureus does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Laureus or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
Company Name accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
- driving licence,
- birth certificate,
- utility bill (from last 3 months).
- In the event you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Laureus, or third parties, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the ICO supervisory authority (https://ico.org.uk/concerns) and Laureus using the contact details above.
Changes to this Laureus Privacy Notice
- Any changes Laureus makes to this privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by email. Please check back on a regular basis to see any updates or changes.